9.18.2009

Lovely Package Exchange

Is it me or is getting some sort of personalized correspondence in your mailbox one of the best things in the world? The other day one of my sisters sent me a homemade card with words I actually read on paper. It was so sweet and pen pal-ish. I have also gotten two wedding invitations in the mail recently—which I was probably way too giddy over. Then my mom sent me a package of goodies from Ikea, with the cutest platter ever I might add and just when I thought I couldn’t love the post person any more, I received a parcel from a new blogging buddy I was introduced and assigned to as part of a “lovely package exchange” I participated via the Oh, Hello Friend blog.

My partner and I not only had the opportunity to send objects we thought the other would enjoy, we were also able to take part in something we both love; creating lovely packaging—which was sort of the idea of the exchange.
So today when I pulled the lid off the box that the lovely Catherine Hart from Austin Texas sent me, I was overwhelmed by the charm and vintage goodness that was cushioned inside. Although we only met a few short weeks ago in the blogsphere, I felt as though each little object said something about my character in some way and yet, at the same time, each item told me something about Catherine’s character as well. It was actually quite inspiring to connect with an almost stranger that way.
There were so many things to love like vintage "twist sticks" (aka mini pipecleaners), bingo sheets and yo-yo...
an awesome game of "endless landscape"...
tiny gift bag art...
and so much more. But one item I will particularly treasure is the best piece of handmade jewelery (made by Catherine of course).
Thank you so much Catherine. I love.
As stated above, this was a package swap so below is a sampling of some of the goodies I sent off to Catherine.
All wrapped and ready to go. The gift bow doubled as a hair accessory...
Inside the main package were smaller packages. Postcards packed in a homemade alligator envelope, little tug balls that revealed some prizes when the string was pulled and a few other delights…
When I found this mini kissing couple at a train collector shop, I knew it had to be used to accessorize the gift box full of miniatures.To see it from Catherins perspective you can check out here blog HERE.

Gifting is the greatest invention ever!

5 comments:

What he ate, what I ate. said...

Lucky girl! What fun...

Amanda Leigh said...

How are you so creative?!

Martell's said...

How fun is that!

Natalie said...

That is so dang cool! What great fun to share luvs with a stranger who is no longer a stranger.

umama said...

These are so fun!!