3.09.2011

Inspired by Posen Collab


A few months back my (event planner) friend Melanie and I collaborated to design and craft a wedding party scene for Nonpareil Magazine. Our look was photographed by Sarah Faubus and the result of our effort was published this month. 

Our party theme was inspired by Zac Posen’s Spring 2011 collection. Hence the bold floral fabrics....



pleating...

(This paper mobile by Haru became our seating chart)

and bows...

(These hair clips and bow ties by Peter and Wendy became our favors )

I really can’t express how much I love artistic collaborations. Combining forces with someone who has a talent I respect and admire makes me feel a little like a super-hero—even if just temporarily.



Check out this months Nonpariel Mag for more photos, party details and for instructions on how to create your own felt bow pins and how to make your own pleated, fabric invitations (designed by yours truly).

3 comments:

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

How fun! I love it--colorful and fun!

BLISS! said...

so great! especially the stationary is gorgeous. beautiful work.


michaela @ bliss!
(giveaway today: http://blissfulfetes.blogspot.com/2011/03/giveaway-custom-wedding-logo-design.html)

Lis Wing said...

I'm so glad I checked in. You and Melanie blew it out of the water. Congrats on this project. I LOVE the party favors being accessories and the fabric incorporated into the invites. Just perfect!