11.15.2008

Faux Forest

Sometimes, when my to-do-list is lengthy, I become suddenly enticed to go on a cleaning spree. When I have downtime, I am much too exhausted to do any house tidying! I also have a talent for becoming magically motivated to create meaningless projects when I have a million important things to get done. This is why I was able to fabricate a little homemade wallpaper project that I have been meaning to put together for the last few months.

My inspiration came from a birch tree wallpaper by Cole and Son that I saw in a kitchen of my dreams a couple years ago. As a temporary alternative to being the owner of the imaginary forest, known as "Woods Wallpaper", I substituted wallpaper with wood-grained pattern contact paper. Not quite the same but an improvement nonetheless. I am thinking about adding a little woodland creature peeking out of the branches, perhaps an owl, what do you think?

8 comments:

Katie said...

Bravo! You are so artsy-farsty! Look at you! Ya, do the woodland creatures. I think that's sweet. Hey, I totally need to call you and chit-chat asap.

Amy Y said...

Way cool! That makes a big difference!

Emily said...

You are so creative! I could never pull off something like that! I love it.

Melanie said...

I thought that was the actual wallpaper that you based the design off of at first. I love it.

Gonzo's Chicken said...

HOLY MACKEREL!

(and we have your son's sunglasses...fancy a guest? I do have a hair appt monday!)

Natalie said...

Yup. Still totally impressed.

Martell's said...

I love it! It looks great.

Spendloves said...

Natalia, so I just found this blog of yours...so cute by the way! I love all your "projects!" You are so talented and creative! And yes, I love owls, too! I noticed a really cute owl themed ward newsletter....I would put one peeking out of the trees....

HAha! On a sidenote, I only clean my house when I am way too busy too and have a million things to do! I think it helps me de-stress!

P.S. I'd like to see Pearl's birth announcement...if you don't mind sharing.