7.14.2008

Goober

I was a kid when I first saw Smuckers, “Goober” in the peanut butter isle at the grocery store. I remember thinking that the combination of peanut butter and jelly in a jar was a genius idea and secondly, that I really, really wanted to own one for my sack-lunch sandwiches, (which I don’t recall ever happening). When I saw this same product as an adult I thought, “That’s actually a little disgusting” and it was then promptly scratched off the list of “things I will buy when I am a grown-up” list. Now that I myself am a parent that occasionally takes 12 hours road trips with my husband, toddler and baby to visit family, the convince factor of this product magically turns grossness into not so bad and even maybe a little bit pleasant. So congratulations Smuckers from a fan once again…even if just on road trips.

6 comments:

Jonny said...

i love the way you write and share yourself. that is brave. i always smile when i visit either blog.

Katie said...

I've never eaten that at all. But I'll keep it in mind since I am an adult and can buy anything I want. Speaking of buying, Conor and I want longboards. Any tips of how to buy??

qUittAnY said...

I've always loved it secretly along with circus peanuts (i know you can only eat like one, but that one orange puffy peanut oh, its so good)Quinn and i have had the goober argument before and i have to say it is quite the genius idea-

Natalie said...

I agree with the gross out factor. Even the name doesn't speak well of it.
-nat

The Nevada Neibaur's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Nevada Neibaur's said...

I don't care too much for p-nut butter, so I can that goober has never looked appealing to me. SORRY!
In jr. high I would sometimes eat my younger brother's blueberry buckle baby food---come on it was a low calorie dessert!
(I have NOT shared this info w/ too many people.) shhh